• Resilience & Diversification
• Mental Health & Employee Wellbeing
Michael James Donaldson
Chairman, James Donaldson & Sons Ltd
Co- Owner, Eusebi Deli & Restaurant in Glasgow’s West End
Managing Director, Allied Vehicles Group
Managing Director, The Top Drawer
Owner, Arbikie Farm Distillery
This virtual event has now taken place. To hear from this year’s speakers please review the event video below.
For information on the 2021 event please contact, Kirsty Loughlin, Senior Event Manager email@example.com
Editor The Herald & Herald on Sunday
Editor-in-Chief, Newsquest Scotland
For any questions regarding the virtual event please visit or FAQs section below.
- Who can Register for the event?
The online event is solely for those who work within a Family Business. Please note if you register to attend and are not a family business you will not be granted access to the event.
- Is there a deadline to register for the event?
Registration to the event can be made up until the day prior however we would encourage you to register ahead of the event to keep up to date with all event updates.
- How do I access The Herald Scottish Family Business Breakfast Online?
To access the breakfast online you need to register here.
- What is Hop-In?
Hop-In is an online event platform chosen to ensure you get the most out of your virtual event experience. There you will find our main keynote speaker, panel discussion, live Q&A’s and the opportunity to network via 1:1 video calls and direct messaging to other attendees.
- Where can I see the running order?
You can view the event running order on the online event section of this website above.
- Will I be able to join the event at a different time from when it starts at 9.30am?
The event has a set start and end time. You will be able to join the event at any time however you may miss some of the speakers if you do. All content will be available on demand after the events ends.
- Where can I connect with other delegates attending the online event?
You can connect with other delegates via the hop-in platforms networking area or thought direct messaging.
- Do I need a webcam to connect with other attendees?
In the virtual networking space, you will be able to connect with speakers, partners, and other delegates via video chat however there is also the option to network simply via the chat boxes available and sharing your contact details. A webcam is only needed if the delegate wants to participate in the Networking Area. It is not essential to participate during the main event areas.
- Do I need any software to connect with other attendees?
Hop-In is accessed via your web browser so you do not need any other software to connect with other attendees. We would recommend an up to date browser such as Chrome or Safari to access the platform.
- How do I set up my profile?
During the registration and sign up process you will be asked to create your account.
- How do I change my profile picture?
As you create your profile you will be asked to upload a picture, this can be changed later if required.
- How do I connect LinkedIn to my profile?
When creating your profile, you will have the ability to add links to your social media channels. These include Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- I had to leave mid-way through the event, will the event be recorded?
All keynotes and breakout sessions will be records and available for on demand playback after the event.
- Where can I find updates on the event?
You can find updates on the event via this dedicated event website and via heraldscotland.com and social media.
- Will there be any support available should I have any questions about using the platform at the event?
During the event we will have someone on hand in a breakout session for any questions regarding the platform. We cannot support delegate hardware or software issue not related directly with the platform.
- What do I do if I have more questions?
We are happy to answer any additional questions you may have regarding the online event or registration. Please contact Senior Events Manager, Kirsty Loughlin on 0141 302 6016 or Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org with all enquires.