Raise your profile across Glasgow by sponsoring our awards.
If you would like more information on the opportunities available, please contact Kirsty Loughlin, Head of Events, on Kirsty.Loughlin@localiq.co.uk or 0141 302 6016.
Glasgow City Council, the largest local authority in Scotland, is delighted to join forces with the Glasgow Times for the 10th year in a row.
As a Streets Ahead partner we recognise the importance of working together to make a difference and help improve our environment for our citizens and visitors to enjoy now and for all future generations.
There is much enthusiasm and motivation for improving our environment and through the Streets Ahead initiative there is an opportunity for people of all ages and from different parts of the community to work together to enhance their surroundings and instil pride in their city.
One of the positives of the pandemic is that it has ignited a renewed community spirit and with the eyes of the world on Glasgow in November as we host the COP26 world event, we can showcase our good practice to the globe and show how our communities and partnerships are making a difference.
This fits perfectly with our aim as a local authority – a world class city with a thriving and inclusive economy where everyone can flourish.
People Make Glasgow Greener Award
- Beata Koleck – WINNER
- Castlecroft Residents
- Gorbals Men’s Shed
- Susan Wilson – St Benedict’s Primary Lochend Community Allotment
Best Clean Up Campaign
- Denmilne Community Action Group – WINNER
- G3 Litter Free
- Keep Drumchapel Tidy
- Polish the Shields
Glasgow City Council Environmental Initiative
- Gilded Lily Waste to Wishes
- Glasgow Play-Resource Association – WINNER
- Glasgow’s Pre-loved Uniforms
- Pollokshields Space Force
Best Community Garden
- G3 Growers at The Back Garden, Finnieston
- Glasgow Women’s Library
- Riversidehall Community Garden – WINNER
- Woodlands Community Development Trust
Glasgow City Council Green Business Award
- Caledonian Learner Driver Training
- Dear Green Coffee
- Zero Waste Market – WINNER
Best Community Initiative
- An Empty Gunny Bag Cannot Stand by Aproxima Arts – WINNER
- Baltic Street Adventure Playground
- Garden Revives (Ready Steady Grow Pollokshields)
- Men Matter Scotland
- Mount Florida Community Council
- Mount Vernon Community Hall
- Garrowhill Primary School Bee Project
- St Joseph’s Primary School, Woodside
- St Roch’s Primary and Deaf School – WINNER
- Westercraigs Children’s Forest School Plans
- St Roch’s Primary and Deaf School