Time to recognise and celebrate the inspirations of Glasgow. Organised by The Herald and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce in association with the world renowned brand PEOPLE MAKE…
The Herald and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce are delighted to be working with Glasgow’s award-winning city brand – PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW to host the sixth Inspiring City Awards, celebrating and rewarding the people and organisations that make Glasgow great.
Glasgow has a long and distinguished history of innovators, pioneers and traders who have made their mark on the world stage. As two of the city’s most trusted and respected institutions we thought it was time to recognise the new generation of citizens who are making a tremendous contribution to the cultural and economic climate of Glasgow.
Previous winners include, Glasgow Women’s Library, Allied Vehicles, Homeless World Cup, Glasgow Film Festival, Glasgow City Football Club, Laura Muir, DWF, Centre for Contemporary Arts, Scottish Water and citizenM Glasgow.
The 2018 event will take place on Thursday, September 6 at the Marriott Hotel, Glasgow.
All entries can be submitted easily by completing the online application form.
You have until Wednesday 18th July, 2018 to enter, good luck!
Make sure you are keeping up with all the event details by following –
Inspiring City Awards 2018 – PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW
The aim of these awards is to give recognition to individuals, businesses and organisations who have gone beyond the call of duty to encourage, mentor and support investment and growth in Glasgow. All categories are open to individuals, businesses and third sector organisations and are free to enter.
Art and Culture Award – Sponsored by AHR
- Centre for Contemporary Arts – Winner
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Commendation
- Project Ability
Education Award – Sponsored by Glasgow Taxis
- CoderDojo Scotland @ Glasgow Libraries – Winner
- Glasgow Clyde College
- MCR Pathways
- Rangers Charity Foundation
- Tennent’s Training Academy
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Award – Sponsored by Glasgow Caledonian University – Glasgow School for Business and Society
- Celtic FC Foundation
- City Building LLP
- DWF – Winner
- Seric Systems Limited
- Silverburn Shopping Centre
Carer(s) of the Year Award – Sponsored by Scullion LAW
- Contact the Elderly – Winner
- Leslie Edge
- Majabeen Ali
- Maria McCabe
Environmental Award – Sponsored by Scottish Water
- Calton Heritage & Learning Centre
- Southern Necropolis Action Group
- Woodlands Community Development Trust – Winner
- Scottish Waterways Trust
Sport Award – Sponsored by Glasgow 2018 European Championships
- Bala Sport
- Glasgow Gladiators Powerchair Football Club
- Laura Muir – University of Glasgow – Winner
- Scottish Sports Futures
Legacy Award – Sponsored by Hacking & Paterson Management Services
- Glasgow Women’s Library
- Homeless World Cup Legacy Project
- Principle Paul GK Little, City of Glasgow College – Winner
- Scottish Sports Futures
The Apprentice Challenge Award – Sponsored by Glasgow Employer Board
- Arnold Clark
- JP Morgan
- Morgan Sindall
- Scottish Water – Winner
Industry & Young People Innovation Award – Sponsored by Developing the Young Workforce Glasgow
- Coach Core – Glasgow Life
- Glasgow Foundation Apprenticeship Team
- Qualitrol Diagnostic Monitoring Systems – Winner
- Young Movers
Industry and Business Award – Sponsored by City Building
- Barras Art and Design (BAaD)
- Collective Architecture
- KC Group Shipping Ltd – Commendation
- University of Glasgow – Winner
Glasgow Welcomes Service Champion – Sponsored by Glasgow Welcomes
- citizenM Glasgow – Winner
- Glasgow Science Centre
- The National Piping Centre and Pipers’ Tryst Hotel
- University of Strathclyde – Technology & Innovation Centre (TIC)
Outstanding Contribution by a Young Business Leader Award – Sponsored by The Watson Foundation
- Alasdair Ireland – Your Book List
- Cat Leaver – After Digital – Winner
- Colin Lamb – Connect Three
- Jenny McCreary – Sew Confident Ltd
- Sarah Drummond – Snook – Commendation
Outstanding Contribution by a Business Leader Award – Sponsored by Simon Driscoll Consultancy
- Andrew Mark Duncan – SwarmOnline
- Paul GK Little, City of Glasgow College
- Professor David Hillier – University of Strathclyde – Winner
- Rhona Baillie – The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice
The PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW Award – Sponsored by PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW
- Barras Art and Design (BAaD)
- Glasgow Life, Celtic Connections Festival
- MCR Pathways – Winner
- The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice
Lifetime Achievement Award – Sponsored by Glasgow Airport
Sir Billy Connolly
PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW
The Inspiring City Awards are aimed at recognising those truly remarkable individuals, businesses and organisations that consistently go the extra mile to ensure Glasgow continues to flourish. From those inspiring action in their local community to those enhancing the city’s reputation internationally, people make Glasgow, which is why the city is delighted to be continuing its support for these important awards.
For more information on PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW please visit: www.peoplemakeglasgow.com.
The Inspiring City Awards – PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW will take place on Thursday, September 6, 2018 at the Marriot Hotel, Glasgow. To attend this year’s event please contact Kirsty Loughlin, Events Executive on 0141 302 6016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View highlights from last year’s awards here and download your table booking form today.
The Inspiring City Awards – PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW provides a national platform to celebrate and reward the outstanding businesses, groups and individuals in Glasgow.
They offer a comprehensive long term marketing campaign which confirms your strong association with aiding the growth of this vibrant city.
Sponsorship of The Inspiring City Awards – PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW offers you the opportunity to……
- Be part of a well-established Glasgow event
- Align your brand with excellence and quality
- Increase your profile with the extensive marketing and PR campaign carried out pre and post-event
- Achieve tighter targeting and build relationships with industry leaders
- Reinforce your brand’s credentials by supporting and endorsing Glasgow business, enterprise, health, arts and sport
The Herald and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce welcome the opportunity to work in partnership with a variety of organisations to promote and grow these important industry awards.
Interested in category sponsorship and want to find out more?
Contact Kirsty Loughlin, Events Executive on 0141 302 6016 to discuss the different benefits packages on offer this year.
THE Herald and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce are delighted to be once again working with Glasgow’s award-winning city brand – People Make Glasgow – to host this year’s Inspiring…
SIR Billy Connolly was the toast of the town at last night’s Inspiring City Awards after he was recognised with a lifetime achievement gong. The Inspiring City awards, in…
The Herald and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce in association with award winning city brand, People Make Glasgow, are delighted to continue to celebrate the wealth and breadth of community,…