THE hunt is on for the 2018 Glasgow Community Champions. This year’s awards, organised by the Evening Times in conjunction with our partners Glasgow City Council, Scottish Fire and Rescue,…
We are celebrating the eleventh year of the Evening Times Glasgow Community Champion Awards and the search has started for the heroes of 2018.
We have already rewarded more than 400 community champions from across the city and now we want to hear more about the people who make our city great.
So whether you or someone you know has made a difference by caring for others, campaigning for better services, or in general creating a positive environment, we want you to tell us about it.
We are also delighted to once again be working in partnership with Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Community Planning Partnership, Scottish Fire and Rescue and Police Scotland, who will each assist in our search for this year’s champions.
The finalists will be chosen at three events which will take place across the city in the North East, South and North West of Glasgow.
The winners from each local event will automatically be selected as finalists for a prestigious awards ceremony to be held in the City Chambers in November 2018.
The awards are FREE to enter.
We wish you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you at the events in the coming months.
For information on the 2018 awards please contact Heather Steven on 0141 302 6018.
Make sure you are keeping up with all the event details by following
- The awards are open to everyone.
- All entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Anyone can nominate a team / public servant or you can nominate yourself.
- All entries submitted must be relevant to their local community area (click here to see the map and find your area.)
- Previous nominees and winners are eligible to enter.
- The events took place in the following areas from March to October 2017. The Champions of Champions took place at Glasgow City Chambers on Wednesday, November 29, 2017. Each event is open and free for all residents from the local community to attend. Those shortlisted for awards will automatically be invited to attend. Full details of dates and venues will be published in the Evening Times.
POWERFUL, remarkable people – the judges for the Grand Final panel were “deeply impressed” by all who made it on to the shortlist. Representatives of our partners…
OUR city’s unsung heroes had their moment in the spotlight last night as the Glasgow Community Champions were crowned. The banqueting hall at City Chambers was transformed…
OUR Grand Final proved an exciting night, here’s what people thought of the glitzy event… Audrey Flannagan, manager of Glasgow SE Foodbank – “Coming along to an…